Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I live in Alaska. I have leased a commercial facility for…

Customer Question
I live in Alaska...

I live in Alaska. I have leased a commercial facility for ten year. I recently gave notice to terminate ending 10/31. The owner is now claiming I didn't pay for January 2014 and that I still owe him 500 for this month due to disagreement over last month rent paid at the beginning of the lease in 2008. Now i

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Alaska. He is threatening to lock me out tomorrow and sell all my property on the premises

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. He did give me a notice yesterday

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
10/5/2017
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Has your rent increased since you paid the last month's rent? Do you pay your rent each month via a check or other transaction that would leave a paper trail? If not, do you have receipts?

Did you still need help with this?