Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Im a tenant and file an emergency motion for final judgement…

Customer Question
Im a tenant and...

Im a tenant and file an emergency motion for final judgement eviction. I submitted to the judge the reason of stopping my payment because my sister is not belong to the unhabitant surrounding , sex in the cabana mold and lots of repairs that landlord not rising the problem. Can the judge still can evict us?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Floridan my sister is just 12 year old

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

One year contract and since we moved to the apartment they never fixed the problem. Door patio no locked , mold dishwashing machine , toilet clogged ,flooded the master bedroom etc. the community is free smoking but our bathroom smells of terrible smoked and marijuana.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We call fire fighter and they gave the landlord 4 hours to fix the water sprinkler that is painted. we call code compliance also

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
10/5/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you provided proof to the judge that the landlord was in breach of the lease by all of those violations and not making repairs, then you had a legal right to hold rent with notice to the landlord. If you presented proof of that in court, the court should deny the eviction. Furthermore, you should be suing the landlord for breach of lease for not making repairs because that breaches your warranty of habitability that the lease guarantees you and if you want legal representation for suing the landlord for that breach of lease, legal aid can assist and represent you if you cannot afford an attorney.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.