Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

How do i collect relocation money from landlord that rented…

Customer Question
How do i...

How do i collect relocation money from landlord that rented illegal apt ? City gave me a 3day to vacate inhabitke place no permits

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you want to talk to a Landlord-Tenant Lawyer?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. As the Landlord-Tenant Lawyer's Assistant I have a few questions for you. Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Califirnia

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Yea shoddy electrical bkew out 3 frig and all my food

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How so i collect im a senior and they offered me a week in a motel its suooosed to be 5000 each tebant

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
10/3/2017
Lawyer: rayanswers, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
rayanswers
rayanswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can sue here in small claims up to $5k against a corporation.I suggest a demand letter first directed to the registered agent and then when you sue you serve them in small claims.

Reference

Small claims court handles cases that involve disputes over money or property, usually below a set financial limit. In California, an individual can collect up to $7,500 in small claims court, while corporations and limited liability companies are still limited to $5,000.

Suing in California Small Claims Court: Step-by-Step | legalzoom.com

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Forms and self help

http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-smallclaims.htm

Look up their registered agent here

https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/

Good luck and thanks or rating 5 stars.