Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I own my home work away from home half the week, and rent…

Customer Question
I own my home...

I own my home work away from home half the week, and rent out my rooms and have my tax bill as my primary owner occupied property. Can the city of Santa Ana call it a rental, and make me pull a city licence as thoe it is a rental ??

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Calfifornia, Orange County, City of Santa ana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Yes against me, in a notice and Order by the city of Santa ana

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have a city license to operate as A-All at ease Electric since 1979, to go from here to service other clients, also I have 2 adjinting properties that do have city licenses to operate as rentals. aprox 3 months ago, they broke into my properties with a warrent to search for code violations, with no certified letter of warning

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
10/2/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 10 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Response: Unfortunately, yes. Even if you still occupy your premises, but rent rooms out, then you would be required to obtain a license in order to rent the rooms.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.