Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

How can I get out of a lease when the lease is not changed…

Customer Question
How can I get...

How can I get out of a lease when the lease is not changed from what is on it with the items that is not on the property and the date is longer then was told to me . also found out the crime is lot worse in the area then I ever was told . also was things like the building was going to be fixed and not yet been a few weeks told to me I need to pay for the items to be fixed around the place . I just moved here also and I just unable to take the crime with out going outside or driving around here have to watch things . is there anyway I can get out of here real fast

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Ypsilanti mi 48198

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Yes I told them in a letter also it is the building is full of holes in the floor and back wall need to be done over and the door rot out with the mico wave needs rased a lot I am told I need to pay for a outdoor light and the things to put electric in the basement for a freezer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The crime is bad i am just so upset on all of this it a 2 yr lease they got a hlf month added to it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/30/2017
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
If landlord has failed to meet the terms the tenant can void it and need simply give notice in writing and provide notice of the breach.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!