Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have a commercial lease for a commercial building and have…

Customer Question
I have a commercial lease...
I have a commercial lease for a commercial building and have sub tenants which I am allowed and have been paying rent for two and a half years I cannot find the signed version of the lease and the landlord is trying to kick me out even without notice or notice to quit or anything is the lease enforceable I'm in Massachusetts and he's telling my tenants not to pay me the rent and I have a lease for the entire
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/29/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly

100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. This appears to be a classic breach of contract because they are interfering with your right to benefit from the contract AND they are trying to unlawfully evict you. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract (click here). It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court.

It asked me for a good faith deposit which I completed now asking me for more money just to review the response I don't think that's fair I'm happy to pay if I know that there's a legitimate response can anybody answer that question for me without asking me for more money

Hi! The phone call is not required if that's what you're talking about.