Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I am currently renting a home that is in a HOA - We were…

Customer Question
I am currently renting...

I am currently renting a home that is in a HOA - We were fined $825 in HOA violation fees and I paid the fees and corrected the violation and now I am being told that we are still in violation because we have more than 2 vehicles parked in our driveway as we have a son home from college who will be leaving in about 3 weeks and my other sons girlfriend comes over and visits, never longer than 2 days. What rights do I have as they are now telling me that they are going to be filing eviction paperwork due to "non-compliance"

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I don't think it has been filed yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know. I am so furious right now I cant think straight

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/29/2017
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
what can I answer for you?

I am currently renting a home that is in a HOA - We were fined $825 in HOA violation fees and I paid the fees and corrected the violation and now I am being told that we are still in violation because we have more than 2 vehicles parked in our driveway as we have a son home from college who will beleaving in about 3 weeks and my other sons girlfriend comes over and visits, never longer than 2 days. What rights do I have as they are now telling me that they are going to be filing eviction paperwork due to "non-compliance"

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

I don't think it has been filed yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

On review of your facts, you have a good case. if paid violation fees a court won’t evict. Burden on them to prove the violation and even then a court would afford you chance to cure.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”

awaiting your reply, thank you.

Thank you

very welcome. Kindly rate me 5 stars.