Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I had an inspector come to the apartment I am currently

Customer Question
I had an inspector...

I had an inspector come to the apartment I am currently residing at and he informed me that there is some wiring and violations that need to be corrected. I bring it to my rental agencies attention and have now received a rent increase letter but the electrical issue still has not been addressed. There's much more to the story but that's the main issue.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Rhode Island

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No, I was informed of the wiring on 9/22 when they sent a plumber out because the 2nd floor tenant stated her heat wasn't working. I called the state inspector to come out and my rental agency did not even try to reach out to me until I contacted them on 9/28

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I also contacted National Grid to request to have a tech come read my meter on 9/25 and 9/26 and when I called on 9/28 they told me there was no work order. I was just trying to do what I think is necessary as a tenant.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/29/2017
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 7 months ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Just to be clear, you rent month to month? You do not have a lease agreement? When was the last time they increased your rent?

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer