Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My granddaughter needs to talk to you guys. I was actually…

Customer Question
My granddaughter needs to...

My granddaughter needs to talk to you guys. I was actually just looking for a phone number to pass on to her. She got ripped off by some lawyer there. I'm in Los Angeles not lawyer, lol. ripped off by a landlord. sorry

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Hang on. I'll get you the address

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

It was somewhere near downtown on 13th or something. I'll have to get her to call you. She was at a new job and had to wait to get paid so she let the landlord know she was going to be a little late on the rent. the day it was due, she talked to them again. a couple days later, she went to her apartment, couldn't get in and all her stuff was in a dumpster out back. it was destroyed and stolen. she took pictures, called the cops, etc.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. Like I said, I'll talk to them but she really needs to get in touch with them.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/29/2017
Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I am sorry to hear that. I am happy to discuss with her. This would seem to be inconsistent with the eviction laws unless she agreed to this as a remedy in her lease.