Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

We are giving our notice on our lease. We had 2 year lease.

Customer Question
We are giving our...

We are giving our notice on our lease. We had 2 year lease. We are still in the same Unit for the past year. No one has ever asked us to resign any typle of lease. How much notice do we have to give now. We have our last month payment sitting there now.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

We live in Ontario Canada

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No Maintenance or upkeep. However we are having a problem with the manager of the building letting dogs run loose on the Apartment property. Her dog lunge at our tiny dog who is very scared of this dog. Our dog has had a serious attach in the past. So we would like to move

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The landlord is requiring that we give a 60 day notice and want us to pay this next months rent. We want to leave now and are leaving our last payment with them for the next month. Can they make us pay for the next month and take the deposit for November We are scared for our dog.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/27/2017
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question. Normally lease provides for60 day notice. Where lease is silent, only 30 is needed.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!