Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I signed a rental lease on the 13th of Sept - in seeing the…

Customer Question
I signed a rental...

I signed a rental lease on the 13th of Sept - in seeing the apartment I asked if the bathroom could be looked at - I saw mildew - or mold. I paid the security, 1/2 rent and move in fee, as I would take ownership of the new apartment on 15th of Sept. Full rent due October 1st. But I have not been able to take ownership and move in - as the "mold" question is still unknown. I have pix which have shared with coworkers and they say it's definitely looks like black mold - don't know what to do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

CT

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

1 year - it's a community so Maintenance is handled thru association

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes - spoke with Past Tenant and they pointed out to landlord that Possible there is a mold issue - and Prior tenant to them - also said there was an issue - 4 years of there being an issue possibly being an issue - WE Do not have proof that it is black mold - just speculation

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/25/2017
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 9 months ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. When you saw this, did you address it? When you signed the lease, did you demand that the landlord have this checked out? I am trying to understand and know why, if there was something present, you still proceeded with the lease?