Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I would like to talk to someone that has knowledge with NYC…

Customer Question
Hi i would like...

Hi i would like to talk to someone that has knowledge with NYC landlord tenant issues.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Its in Brooklyn NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No i need assistance with that my Uncle is 70 and he let my cousin come and stay with him

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Its been over five years he wants her to leave he never accepted any money from her.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/25/2017
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 10 months ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

Does uncle want to evict the cousin from his home?

.

.

thanks

he does

Ok, then he first needs to give her a written 30 notice to vacate in writing and keep a copy of it. If she doesn't move out within that period, he can then file a formal eviction action in court to get a judgment and a writ of possession that the sheriff or marshal will execute to force her to vacate. That will take around another month after the 30 days expires before he can have the sheriff force her out.

.

.

thanks

Ok. Thank you

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the caption and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much