Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Old tenants, 2 roommates are moving out on 9/30/17. New

Customer Question
Old tenants, 2 roommates...

Old tenants, 2 roommates are moving out on 9/30/17. New tenants moving in right afterward. They have paid Oct. rent and 11/2 mo. security.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

CT

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. Current tenants are roommates and did not get along. One is cleaning the apartment and moving out slowly. They have always paid rent on time and are paid til 9/30. The other tenant damaged the carpeting in her room and does not answer requests from her roommate or myself about if she intends to clean carpet and when she intends to move her stuff out. She has been staying somewhere else, with a boyfriend probably for about 6 weeks.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My question is: if she leaves her furniture and belongings in apartment after 12;00 am on 10/1, do I as landlord have the right to dispose of her things immediately since new tenants will be moving in immediately. if not, what shall I do with her things?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/24/2017
Lawyer: Gerald-Esquire, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am working on your answer now. Please bear with me it may take a few minutes.