Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I am buying a house with a tenant till Jan 31 on a one year…

Customer Question
I am buying a...

I am buying a house with a tenant till Jan 31 on a one year lease. The tenant signed a lease that said no pets allowed! The tenant has lizard tanks in every room a fish tank and a dog outside. Can I kick him out on oct 16 when escrow closes

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

The house sticks like a freaking pet store and dog crap everywhere outside

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I house needs 10000 dollars worth of work leaky roof other thing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/23/2017
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
On review of your facts, you have a good case. Tenant is in breach and you may evict. You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way. if tenant won't leave you would need to evict in court. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Can also consider a buyout to get them out asap.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!