Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I rent an apartment along with a garage unit that I store…

Customer Question
I rent an apartment...

I rent an apartment along with a garage unit that I store tools and containers but without any notice my garage has been given to someone else and all my belongings that was in there are gone and someone else has their property there-- what can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

This is in Houston,tx

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

I am on a years lease which ends on nov.1st and the garge had to be left open for maintenance after the storm.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My rent is totally paid up but I no longer have the garage even thou its been paid for.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/23/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Does your written lease specify the garage?