Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

If you are being evicted who pays the filing of the eviction…

Customer Question
If you are being evicted...
If you are being evicted who pays the filing of the eviction notice
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/22/2017
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 10 months ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. The landlord would pay the fees related to the eviction. However, if they prevail, they can recover the fees and costs incurred from the tenant. The landlord wants the tenant out and is the moving party, so they would need to pay the filing fees.

The party paid all the back rent and did not move but the landlord is making the the tenant pay the eviction notice fees Cabo tell him no

Yes, if the landlord filed for eviction and was able to work this out with the tenant and not proceed with the eviction, the landlord could demand to be reimbursed for this. After all, they could have refused the rent and proceeded but they decided to help the tenant and accept this and allow them to stay. They can ask for the filing fees to be paid for.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!