Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

We have a 22 year old male living in our home. We would like…

Customer Question
We have a 22...

We have a 22 year old male living in our home. We would like him to move out of our home. He has been paying $150. Per month to defray expenses. What is our legal rights to ask him to leave? He says we have to give him 30 days notice.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

South Carolina. Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

There is no lease. He has no responsibility for anything.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/22/2017
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 11 months ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Did he do anything wrong or in violation of the agreement or do you just want him out?

He is an alcoholic and still drinks to often. I am very uncomfortable in my own home.
Ok how long will it be before I can expect a call?

Thank you for the reply. When a tenant rents month to month, a landlord would need to provide them with at least a 30 day written notice, to end the tenancy, so that they will vacate. if they fail to leave after the 30 days expire, the landlord would need to proceed through the court and file for eviction. You can ask him to leave and he will need to but you need to provide the proper notice, placing him on notice.

The site does charge an additional fee for the call. An expert can contact you shortly.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!