LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Leases, Evictions, Foreclosures.
9540344

Re Florida tenant is late on rent I have given them until

Re Florida tenant is late on rent I have given them until Monday to pay.. After that if they dont pay do i serve a 3 day notice or use their last months rent I have on deposit and give them a leaving date after that expires

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Can you please clarify the question?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
My tenants rent is overdue, I have given them until Monmday to pay.. after that do I use their one months ( last months ) deposit I have in a seperate bank account and then give a 3 day notice to evict or do i give a 3 day notice to evict after monday and then use that deposit against any rent due befoire they leave

If you apply the last months rent which you have, you can not proceed and evict, since their rent would have been paid. If you want to evict, you can provide them with the 3 day notice to cure and if they fail to do so, proceed with the eviction. If you were to tell them you using the deposit which you have, you would have to wait until next month to evict.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Ok so I just write to them and inform them Im using the last months rent and that they are due to leave in one month but that they can remedy during that time ?

If the tenant has no lease agreement and rents month to month, you can terminate the tenancy with at least a 15 day notice and also impose the last months rent now. If they fail to vacate, you could then proceed and start the eviction process.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
thank you

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.