Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I am a Partner In a business and our business is about to

fail, if we were to...
I am a Partner In a business and our business is about to fail, if we were to default on the payments to the landlord, who would be accountable for the remaining year lease amount, the business is a S corp, and my name / signature is not on the lease agreement, it is personal signatures of other partners(mother and uncle) of business, and to ad to that if one of the partners has a percentage share in my house, how long before that person can remove name from home mortgage and title before there can be no judgement on the house, the home is half paid and half loan still owned to bank, it has been 3 years already when house was purchased with my spouse the business partner(my mother) on mortgage loan, and me my spouse partenr and brother have equal share on home title. thank you , i am in California.
9/19/2017
Infolawyer, Attorney
From facts mentioned landlord can recover for lease term or until anther tenant is located. The liable party is the entity and anyone who signed personally a guarantee of payment. No one else. Sometimes landlord will release tenant and signatories especially if confident can find a new tenant quickly and retain the deposit. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Infolawyer, Attorney
that helps, do know what type of lawyer i may ask a question regarding my home situation protecting assests, and leans and suing. thank you
Infolawyer, Attorney