How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 57709
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Partner In a business and our business is about to

This answer was rated:

I am a Partner In a business and our business is about to fail, if we were to default on the payments to the landlord, who would be accountable for the remaining year lease amount, the business is a S corp, and my name / signature is not on the lease agreement, it is personal signatures of other partners(mother and uncle) of business, and to ad to that if one of the partners has a percentage share in my house, how long before that person can remove name from home mortgage and title before there can be no judgement on the house, the home is half paid and half loan still owned to bank, it has been 3 years already when house was purchased with my spouse the business partner(my mother) on mortgage loan, and me my spouse partenr and brother have equal share on home title. thank you , i am in California.
From facts mentioned landlord can recover for lease term or until anther tenant is located. The liable party is the entity and anyone who signed personally a guarantee of payment. No one else. Sometimes landlord will release tenant and signatories especially if confident can find a new tenant quickly and retain the deposit. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Infolawyer and other Landlord-Tenant Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that helps, do know what type of lawyer i may ask a question regarding my home situation protecting assests, and leans and suing. thank you