Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I have a single family home with a separate entry to the…

Customer Question
I have a single...

I have a single family home with a separate entry to the lower part of the house and i have 3 roommates or tenants that have come in at different times i have one that is usually who write the rent check to me and he get the rent money from the other roommates he came to live in June 01 2016 can i raise the rent $200.I will mail then a 90 days notice of rent increase. .

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Portland Oregon 97217

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

Month to month ,I pay for the garbage and the upkeep of the place we divide utilities and internet in equal parts

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/19/2017
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

On a month to month tenancy, can raise rent on 30 day notice, for this reason and for no reason at all. Notice should be in writing.

that is not a very good reply to my question i know that 30 days is if you are going to rease the 50 bucks i want my money back
no refund my money thank you
i want to have card refunded back as fast as you guy took my money

You asked if rent be increased on notice and I confirmed it can be. what else did you want to know?