Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My daughter plans to make us evict her, she does not pay…

Customer Question
My daughter plans to...

My daughter plans to make us evict her, she does not pay rent and trafficks drugs on in our home. The furniture in the room shes uses is ours. What are the rules regarding recovering my property prior to completion of eviction as I fear they will suffer great damage, And what if I force her to leave without proper eviction, how can I be penalized? We live in Washington state.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No written lease or informal agreement. My daughter is only allowed supervised visits with her child with our supervision, We are legally recognized as de facto parents to are granddaughter who has regular visitation with. My daughter is allowed visitation assuming appropriate behavior thus the concern with my daughters drug use and sales.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/18/2017
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 11 months ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about this. What has her response been when you asked her to vacate? Have you threatened to call the police on her, for the drug dealing?