Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I would like to make a 25 year lease of property in Florida.

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to make a 25 year lease of property in Florida. The land belongs to a cousin of mine and she does not plan to use the property in the near future. I want to be able to make any changes to the 2 structures located on the land.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Yes in Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

None yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I will not be paying a rental fee only asked to pay the property taxes while the lease is in use.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/15/2017
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 11 months ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I have read your comments, but I am not sure what your legal question is that I can help with today?

.

Are you asking if it is legal for you to have a 25 year ground lease?

.

.

thanks

I am pretty sure it is legal, I am asking what are the finer points that need to put in the lease I present to my cousin for signature. The property is in Florida.

You just need a standard ground lease that sets out exactly what your agreement is with cousin. You don't need any fancy legalease to do this, just plain language.

.

So if you are agreeing to pay the taxes on the property as the agreed on rent, just state that in the lease. You may want to address insurance on the property, both liability and for any property damage, as well as that is typically a tenant responsibility.

.

If you are looking for a template, you can go to a site like USLegalforms.com and purchase and download one for a small fee. You would be looking for something like this:

.

FL Ground Lease

.

.

thanks