Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I run a small neighborhood dry cleaning agency. I Pay

Customer Question
monthly rent of $1,800 and...
I run a small neighborhood dry cleaning agency. I Pay monthly rent of $1,800 and I am on month to month basis.
My landlord sent me a letter today asking to move out and the incoming tenant will pay me $10,000.00.for vacating the store. It does not seem the new tenant will not run dry cleaning business here. The landlord told me on the phone tha the new tenant will pay $3,000/mo to landlord.My question is regusing the $10,000, How long maximum can I stay here and how much legal fee would incur to me?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/15/2017
Lawyer: philip.simmons, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
philip.simmons

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. That is, I do not understand what you mean by

How long maximum can I stay here and how much legal fee would incur to me?

my store is in Los Angeles, CA. What I mean was I never want to vacate if possible. If I retain lawyer, What is the maximum months I can stay. How much would court cost and lawyers fee, right estimate is all right.

You are on a month to month, correct?

my store is in Los Angeles, CA. What I mean was I never want to vacate if possible. If I retain lawyer, What is the maximum months I can stay. How much would court cost and lawyers fee, right estimate is all right.Yes. the rental agreement is month to month. I do not have lease.
my store is in Los Angeles, CA. What I mean was I never want to vacate if possible. If I retain lawyer, What is the maximum months I can stay. How much would court cost and lawyers fee, rough estimate is all right.Yes. the rental agreement is month to month. I do not have lease.

Thanks
I would take that $10K and not look back.

Seriously...if you are on a month to month, the landlord can evict you after one month and not pay you a penny...so if they are offering you money to leave? I would take it. Because you would be wasting time and money hiring a lawyer...you would loose the case in court (if you are on a month to month you have no right to remain after the month is over)

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Do you have more questions regarding this?

Thanks for your understanding
Phil