Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

My landlord evicted me via text with 24 hour notice eff. A…

Customer Question
My landlord evicted me via...
My landlord evicted me via text with 24 hour notice eff. A Friday at 5. Not enough time to contact an atrny. Even though my lease agreement states a required 5 day notice in writing. He threatened holding my biz property and inventory. So we moved out in 24 hours, having to temp close our biz. Now he has sent me a bill for over $4000 in 'damages' which includes rent for period I wasn't even there and balance of a deposit which was refundable according to our lease. I have text from him stating we didn't have a legal lease yet is stating said lease in the demand letter.
Please help me!***@******.***(###) ###-####
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/13/2017
Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Such text eviction is void. You don't need to leave. Landlord cannot evict in this manner. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Awaiting your reply, thank you!