legalgems
legalgems, attorney
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

I've received an eviction notice in the state of Missouri.

Customer Question

I've received an eviction notice in the state of Missouri. The reason I haven't paid September rent is I've been in the hospital since August 4th and I haven't gotten a paycheck for over a month. I have no relatives to borrow from and my credit rating is 400 so there is no chance oftaking out a loan,How can I keep from getting evicted in the next 48 hours?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

Good Day!A few minutes please as I review your question so I can provide you with legal information. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like to find out if a social worker can help me get emergency rental assistance
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear this, especially due to hospitalization

Self help eviction is illegal in Missouri which means that the landlord would need to go through the legal process (ie filing court papers, having a court hearing)

Please see page 14 here:

https://www.ago.mo.gov/docs/default-source/publications/landlord-tenantlaw.pdf?sfvrsn=4

It typically takes at least a month because once the lawsuit is filed it usually takes at least 4 weeks to get a hearing.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No! I want to speak to a social worker or someone who can tell me how to get emergency rent assistance.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK it looks like this is a scam and I have been a victim of your scamming. I am going to leave in five minutes if you don't provide any feedback and report you to the BBB.