Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

No cause eviction - Do you have sample letters for a no

Customer Question
No cause eviction -...

No cause eviction - Do you have sample letters for a no cause eviction in Oregon so that we can sell the property?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only verbally

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has been living there 24 years and has been a good renter. We want to sell and want to fix up her side first. We asked her to move in March and she is dragging her feet. Now we have to have that unit.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

It is in Gresham, Oregon. I would like to give her a legal 30-day notice.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/8/2017
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

You would be looking to terminate the lease. She would be considered a month to month tenant. One moment while I provide forms.

She has always been a month-to-month tenant. I want to know if it is 30 days or 90 days notice to vacate
No

Please ignore the telephone call request. It did not come from me. I am happy to continue with you in this forum.

Based on the amount of time the tenant has lived there 60 days is the minimum.

"In most situations your landlord does not need to give you a reason (although acting on discriminatory or retaliatory motives is illegal). A landlord can simply give you a written notice to move, allowing you 30 days (for occupancies of one year or less) or 60 days (for occupancies of more than one year, but only 30 days if the property is sold and other conditions are met) as required by Oregon law." http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/oregon-notice-requirements-terminate-month-month-tenancy.html

What is your response?

60 days notice since she has lived there for more than one year.

Do you need a template for notice? Can you see my above response

"A landlord can simply give you a written notice to move, allowing you 30 days (for occupancies of one year or less) or 60 days (for occupancies of more than one year, but only 30 days if the property is sold and other conditions are met) as required by Oregon law." http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/oregon-notice-requirements-terminate-month-month-tenancy.html

Do you need a sample form?

"In the city of Portland, tenants are entitled to 90 days notice of a no-cause eviction. If your tenancy began more than one year ago, your landlord must give you a 60-day notice of termination — except in the city of Portland, where 90 days are required." https://www.osbar.org/public/legalinfo/1253_ResidentialEvictionNotices.htm

Forms:

https://www.ezlandlordforms.com/documents/oregon-60-day-termination-noticeno-cause-18876/

http://store.oregonrentalhousing.com/genform.php?f=Form5&v2=1

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund.

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Thank you for your consideration.

Do you have any additional questions for me? Are you still online with me?

Did you receive my response?