Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I'm about to be evicted. I pay my rent on time. I make all

Customer Question

i'm about to be evicted. I pay my rent on time. I make all he necessary repairs and buy the materials, never being re-embursed. I've been subjected to black mold and bed bugs. I not only made repairs to this , but two other properties she owns. again without any re-emburstmentns, i'm a black man, I started out paying $350.00 a month. but when she asked me to allow another to move in she dropped it to $250.00, the other party pays $200.00 but he does nothing to keep up the property. the party that stays on second floor pays $350.00 but he does nothing either. also since I've been there I purchased doors to replace the ones she destroyed, chalked and replaced the windows to keep out the cold air, maintained the care of the lawn, I did repairs of plumbing and heating on all properties, none being re-embursed. when i refused to install a ceiling fan in one of her properties because she refused to refused to replace the one in my unit. she then wanted me to pay the water bill of which I refused. do I have any recourse in this matter?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Detroit michigan
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: not really, but she sent me a form letter
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i'm a dis-abled vet
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good evening. I am sorry to hear about about this. Do you have a lease? What is the basis for which she is trying to evict? Is it because you refused to pay the water bill?