Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
99622407

I bought the house in 1978. Always happy customers no

Customer Question

I bought the house in 1978. Always happy customers no complaints. New tennant say their 2yr old son shows signs of above averate lead in his tested blood! what should I do? 75yrs old and tired. Thank you.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Los Angeles
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Not really.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nnot sure
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Roy Hadavi replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

California law requires that a landlord repair any lead-based hazards in the property. If the landlord refuses to do so, the tenant can file a complaint with the Los Angeles County Environmental Health division. In addition, the tenant may either, repair the issue and deduct the cost from the rent, withhold rent until the repairs are made or terminate the lease and move out.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
House has been painted and cleaned several times since 1978.How can I demonstrate NO LEAD PAINT remains or is exposed or harmful? many thanks

There are professional companies that come and conduct the testing so that you have documentation that there is no lead.

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.