Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I have a question regarding tenant rights in GA. I moved

Customer Question
Hello I have a question...
Hello I have a question regarding tenant rights in GA. I moved into my house 04/28/17. I informed my landlord in may there was a hole in the backroom window. In 06/17 I informed the landlord that the oven didn't work. She sent someone out to fix it on several occasions but they never fixed it. In 06/17 I informed the landlord that when it rains hard the master bedroom ceiling leaks. It continues to leak each time it rains. I also had to pay a repairman to find out that the vent system in the house was unsatisfactory. Someone did come to clean the system. I was told by the repairman not to use the oven. I haven't used my oven since June 2017. I inquired again about the oven this week. I was told by the landlord that she would send someone next week, however, she wanted me to pay up front. I wanted to find out if I could do an early termination with the lease?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: By the way, she never once did a walk through the house with me when I rented the house.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, I sent her an email this morning stating I wanted to terminate my lease
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was also going to send it certified mail
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2017
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 3 months ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Does your lease require that you pay for repairs? Why does she want you to pay upfront for an oven that is broken, through no fault of your own?

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer