Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I talked to someone yesterday about my apartment having

Customer Question
black mold, they are fixing...
I talked to someone yesterday about my apartment having black mold, they are fixing it now, and I haven't paid rent yet. Should I withhold a certain amount of money, for the days I went having the mold in here? I told them on the 11th of last month.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
9/6/2017
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago
Roy Hadavi

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I helped you yesterday. I would be happy to help you again today. Please give me a moment to formulate a response.

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

Unfortunately, Oklahoma law does not provide for a deduction of rent for this type of condition.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Thank you so much for again allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

How do I find a divorce Attourney that does pro bono work?
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

I am really sorry, but I am unable to answer that question. Unfortunately, the terms of service of JustAnswer prohibit me from answering a question that is unrelated to the original question. You would need to submit it as a separate question.

If you would like me to answer it, for easy access, my bookmark is: https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-royhadavi/ Or, simply request “Roy only” in the first line of your question.

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

Did you have any follow-up questions or need me to clarify anything? If not, please do not forget to rate my services at the top of the page (hopefully 5 stars), otherwise I get no credit for helping you today.

Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

He had the mold cleaned up but the crack is still in the ceiling. He mailed me a letter to pay rent or get evicted. What do I do?
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

You must pay the rent, but you can request that the landlord repair the crack.

Ok, it ruined a expensive pair of jeans and 2 pairs of shorts. Can I take the cost of those off the rent?
Lawyer: Roy Hadavi,
 replied 11 months ago

Unfortunately, you cannot. You can either request that the landlord reimburse you or take the landlord to small claims court for the damages.