Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

My tenant was served in los Angeles county a.He lives with

his girlfriend at the house.She...
My tenant was served in los Angeles county a.He lives with his girlfriend at the house.She was with him on the lease.My attorneys said they have 15 days to answer because there are two of them. they were personally served and sent by registered mail. I thought they had 5 days to answer. They were served August 13.How many days do they have to answer.
8/18/2017
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Attorney

For an unlawful detainer action, they have five days to answer. The number of tenants is irrelevant. Are they both named in the Summons and Complaint? Regardless, they have five days to file an Answer. (The link is to the statute that clearly specifies five days.) Do you have any other questions?

S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Attorney
thank you
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Attorney