Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney
7286322

I'm looking to see whether the state of Oregon has modified

I'm looking to see whether the state of Oregon has modified its regulation over how much landlords can increase rent? I am currently a month-to-month tenant but I have resided here for over 7 years.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Oregon.
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Month to month and I have lived here for over 7 years. The only issue with maintenance or upkeep is that we generally have to do it all.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

Oregon has no rent control. Meaning that the landlords are NOT limited in raising the rent next contract cycle in any way. The latest proposal to have rent control has failed - see HERE.

So there IS no limit and no regulation. There hasn't been.

Now, if you are talking about a specific county, or municipality, let me know and I can check, although I do not believe any in Oregon have any.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm in Washington County, but I don't believe we have any special ordinances. I appreciate your help with this.Slightly related question - are tenants obligated to maintain yards?Thanks again!

No problem.

Tenants are not mandated to maintain yards by statute.

This means they do not have to.

However if the contract states that yards are part of the property leased AND that they will maintain it, then they do have to.

Washington County has no rent control from what I can see.

Kind Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or please rate positively and click SEND to submit your rating once satisfied. You may always ask follow ups at no charge before or after rating. "I STRIVE FOR FIVE!"

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The state of Oregon still has 90 days notice for rent increases, though, right?

In a month to month tenancy, yes.