Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

My tenants gave a notice of vacancy, we requested an

inspection to see the house...
My tenants gave a notice of vacancy, we requested an inspection to see the house to be setup by our Property manager, when we arrived at the property we notice that all the appliances were missing in the house, tenants said the Property manager said it was ok for them to take them. Property manager admitted he said that to the tenants. We were not aware of that and we never agreed to the tenants taking all the appliances from our rental property. Who is responsible to replace the appliances in our rental property and how do we go about the restitucion of the appliances?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: The property is in Sacramento, California
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: the tenants are to notify the Property manager of any issues with the house and we the owners have to agree how fix, replace or maintain. We never agreed the tenants could take the appliances with them.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The property manager never discuss the fact that the tenants were taking the refrigerator, the stove, washer and dryer, we the owners had in the house when they moved in.
8/16/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about this.

Your Question:

My tenants gave a notice of vacancy, we requested an inspection to see the house to be setup by our Property manager, when we arrived at the property we notice that all the appliances were missing in the house, tenants said the Property manager said it was ok for them to take them. Property manager admitted he said that to the tenants. We were not aware of that and we never agreed to the tenants taking all the appliances from our rental property. Who is responsible to replace the appliances in our rental property

Response 1: The Property Manager.

and how do we go about the restitucion of the appliances?

Response 2: You need to send a formal notice to the Property Manager to replace the appliances at his own expense.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law