Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I have tennents in my home basement apt. they been here 6

Customer Question
yrs. before they move in...
I have tennents in my home basement apt. they been here 6 yrs. before they move in they were told that the garage wasn't going to be used for storage. Last sept i wrote them a note giving them 8 months to clear it out. still not done. Fri I was talking to the husban he said 2 more weeks. I told him if note cleard out i would do it.just went down with another note for them to sign, wife told me i was bullying them. don't think so I just want my garage back
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Is there other documentation on this issue?
Customer: yes I have 2 sign notes and in there lease says what is inclued is power water heat washer and dryer
JA: Landlord-tenant law varies by city and state. Where is the property located?
Customer: pluss note Ruth refused to sign
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Dartmouth nova scotia canada
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/7/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
They are in breach of your lease, even if just an oral lease, and they cannot just take over your garage. You are not bullying them, but you need to give them a 30 day notice of eviction and tell them if they do not cure their breach in 30 days they must leave or you will sue them for eviction. Then once you have given them that written notice, if they still want to be jerks about it and refuse to clear the garage, then you file suit in court and get the court to throw them out of the entire property and teach them a lesson about being bad tenants.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney