Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Our landlord is trying to make us pay for a condensation…

Customer Question
Our landlord is trying...

Our landlord is trying to make us pay for a condensation line and also repairs that he never repaired himself..is that legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: Does this involve a written or oral agreement? Is it a month-to-month lease or fixed term?

It was fixed and it doesnt say anything about structual damage

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Potomac falls va

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He is trying to keep our full deposit and he has not fixed anything and he is trying to charge us for overgrown trees

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
8/6/2017
Lawyer: rayanswers, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
rayanswers
rayanswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can sue landlord in small claims up to $5k.

Dollar Limit on Virginia Small Claims Cases. To bring your case in small claims court in Virginia, you must be seeking to recover $5,000 or less (in money or personal property).

Virginia Small Claims Court - Research - Lawyers.com

Forms

http://www.courts.state.va.us/resources/small_claims_court_procedures.pdf

You can sue for the full amount of your deposit , these do not seem like valid charges for wear and tear at all.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight, sorry landlord did this to you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.