Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I live in Panama City Beach Fl and have been at my Apartment…

Customer Question
I live in Panama...

I live in Panama City Beach Fl and have been at my Apartment for 5 years . I have been a great tentant rent always on time respectful etc. He sold the building and the new guys picked my apt to raise the rent. Not telling telling me this and just posting my apt on a web site for rent even before telling me I have to move.Now after me seeing my apt for rent they are telling me I have 15 days to move when my rent is paid on the second of the month as always. Is this legal ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is this a fixed-term lease (like a one-year lease) or month to month? How much advance notice was given?

No advance givin until yesterday

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No they said I would get a registered letter today , Should I accept it. I feel like I am getting discrimanated against

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
8/5/2017
Lawyer: barristerinky, Attorney replied 1 year ago
barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

Are you under a fixed term written lease or are you month to month?

.

Have you gotten anything in writing or has this just been verbal?

.

.

thanks