Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

I was given a 10 day letter to comply for an unauthorized…

Customer Question
Hi, I was given...

Hi, I was given a 10 day letter to comply for an unauthorized guest, my boyfriend is over often but has not stayed over more than the 20 consecutive or not stays, what should my letter contain proving I am compliant?

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Is there other documentation on this issue?

The terms are 1 year leasing agreement, no overnight guests permitted for 10 days consecutive and no overnight guests 20 nights consecutive or not. & no other documentation.. just the 10 day letter to comply

Lawyer's Assistant: Landlord-tenant law varies by city and state. Where is the property located?

Washington state

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There was an issue between the property management before the notice was given, so I believe this is all being done in retaliation.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
Also, they left the notice outside my door on July 30th 2017 but it's dated June 30th 2017, are they trying to make it look like I was given notice before I actually was given the letter?
8/5/2017
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 11 months ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Do you know what evidence they have and the basis for which they are sending the letter?