Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

If I have a commercial lease in SF how is it good for after…

Customer Question
If I have a...

If I have a commercial lease in SF how long is it good for after it has become month to month

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

San Francisco California

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

No the tenant is in good standing but their lease was up in 2015 and I chose as the landlord to let them stay through 2016 to find a place. They have not found a spot and i asked them in December to be out by June. They still did not find anything so now I have given them until December 31 2017. I like them and do not want to hurt their business but I need all the space I used to rent for my own business which has grown

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They did open a small place to expand their business however it does not accommodate all of their needs. So they have expanded which is great as I am happy for them but they have not moved out of my space because they still need it to produce their product

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
8/4/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed CA attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The answer to your question is that the lease is only good for one month at a time. For example, you could evict them with at least 30 days written notice. Therefore, if you said that they have to be out by December 31, 2017, this is going to be enough time and it won’t violate any local or state laws regarding commercial leases.

Although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Hello, it’s been awhile since we connected so I wanted to check in with you to see if you had any further questions or if there is anything else I can assist you with today. Please reply here and let me know. Thank you.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer