Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

My landlord has retaliated against me for filing a complaint

Customer Question
to the HCIDLA for needed...
My landlord has retaliated against me for filing a complaint to the HCIDLA for needed repairs (repairs the landlord caused!) In April and May a plumber next door bashed a hole in my wall... then a couple weeks later they dropped two large copper pipes through my bathroom ceiling. After the second pipe I contacted the City. After 8 weeks on July 2 the landlord finally fixed the damage. Then on July 3 they gave me an illegal 4% rent increase ( I am RSO so can only be 3%), and 4 nuisance violations for loud TV in June, etc. If there had actually been a problem in June... why ait until July 3rd (the day after repairs were signed off) to tell me?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I cannot find any agency who handles retaliation. HCIL, Fair Housing, Consumer Affairs wont take my complaint. They say I need an attorney and should go to civil court
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Who is talking to who??? Are you talking to me or a traffic complaint?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are you talking to me Pearl?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
8/3/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 3 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

The only question that you asked appears to be rhetorical. Is there a specific question with which I can assist?

What rhetorical question are you referring to?
I asked you... Who should I file a complaint to when as landlord violates Civil Code 1942.5C and retaliates against me for filing a complaint about needed repairs to the HCIDLA?
Tell me what you think is rhetorical.
If you cannot fiormulate your answer in written form... I dont want to pay $58 to talk to you. You are wasting my time and money.Goodbye

I did not send the email. It is automatically sent from the website and I have no control over it. However, I will opt out and allow another expert to assist

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer