Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

What are my rights to remove my mother's contents from a…

Customer Question
What are my rights...

What are my rights to remove my mother's contents from a house she was renting since burying her on this last Saturday? The owner says he is going to change the locks.

Lawyer's Assistant: Does this involve a written or oral agreement? Is it a month-to-month lease or fixed term?

She was actually going to purchase the house and was due to close the same week she got sick but the rental agreement prior was month to month written agreement

Lawyer's Assistant: Landlord-tenant law varies by city and state. Where is the property located?

Little Rock AR

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
8/3/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 11 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

My deepest condolences for your loss.

As the next of kin, you have a right to remove the contents from the leased premises. The Landlord must give you the opportunity to clear the place. Otherwise, you would file emergency Motion with the Court to force the Landlord to do the right and most reasonable thing: allow you to get your mother's things out of the place.

Best wishes,