Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

The city is having me evict my tenant for city ordinance…

Customer Question
The city is having...

The city is having me evict my tenant for city ordinance violations. And she owes me a lot of back rent. She is also Section 8. what can I do to protect my self.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mn

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, I went thru this a couple of month ago with her and I appealed the city's decision she had to sign a new lease. It's her 18 year old son that is causing all the problems. the reason we tried to have her stay is she is fighting lung cancer and up to 6 brain tumors.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Easier to tell story than type it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
8/2/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, eligible to practice in front of state and federal court, who is ready to help. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here to see my ratings information) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. Section 8 tenants may be evicted for serious or repeated violations of the lease and/or violations of federal, state or local law that impose tenant obligations regarding use of the unit. After the landlord notifies the housing authority of his intent to evict a Section 8 tenant and the period permitting the tenant to rectify the problems ends, the eviction action proceeds like any other eviction. So, if you have not alerted the local Housing Authority of your intent to evict, then you should do that immediately. Otherwise, you're going to go through the regular process of getting the individual evicted. ultimately, if you just make sure that the reason for the eviction is due to the violation of the local law and then you follow the procedures in terms of alerting the Housing Authority in and going through the regular procedures of eviction, and those are the best ways to protect yourselves against unlawfully evicting somebody.

Follow up questions are free, so please feel free to ask away. You can also click here in the future to request me individually. If you don’t have any additional questions, were you satisfied with my service today?