Landlord-Tenant

Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
In Oregon, we are renting a house with a one bedroom
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
In Oregon, we are renting a house with a one bedroom apartment attached. The landlord lives in the apartment. They have the same address and utility meters. There is no mention of aprtment in lease. L… read more
I would like to know, am I responsible for the payment of
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Doctoral Degree
I would like to know, am I responsible for the payment of sewer, water,& garbage, as a tenant in piscatway,nj? … read more
I have a unit in a 9 unit condo & was contacted by the Board
Infolawyer, Attorney
i have a unit in a 9 unit condo & was contacted by the Board of Health in Haverhill MA that the tenant that is living there currently has an infestation of bed bugs. Apparently the school system is al… read more
Please explain what this means in a commercial lease
Infolawyer, Attorney
Please explain what this means in a commercial lease agreementT.I. ALLOWANCE: Landlord shall provide Tenant an allowance of up to Forty Dollars ($40.00) per square foot (the “TIA”), which shall be use… read more
Our Apt is older and the Apt above us has control of the thermostat.
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
Our Apt is older and the Apt above us has control of the thermostat. We both pay our own Electric bill {not sure how that is determined 50/50 ?} We have no access to thermostat at all. The Tenant abov… read more
Myself and the other tenants in my building are having an
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
myself and the other tenants in my building are having an issue about common share expenses. We were recently presented with a 12k bill for painting the outside of the building. We were not informed a… read more
Hi, My landlord is not returning my security deposit as
Infolawyer, Attorney
Hi, My landlord is not returning my security deposit as he claim that I need to pay for the re connection and repairs of the gas service that was never used during the period of my lease agreement. I … read more
we had a carbonmonoxide leak as the heating system malfunctioned
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Juris Doctor (JD)
we had a carbonmonoxide leak as the heating system malfunctioned and we do not know how long this was going on .as national grid came down and shut the gas off .now we do not have any heat and the own… read more
I live in Indiana and we just moved into a house that is
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
I live in Indiana and we just moved into a house that is being called a duplex. However, it's really one house, not split like normal. The area that the land lord lives in has no heat or air, I was to… read more
I am a California tenant. Last October I rented a house , which
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
I am a California tenant. Last October I rented a house , which I found out was made into a upper and lower unit. We share one mailbox and the landlord has other peoples mail coming to our residence. … read more
I live in Nashville, TN in the Trails Apt & the new managing
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Juris Doctor
I live in Nashville, TN in the Trails Apt & the new managing company is forcing door-door trash pick up without giving us the option to use or decline. They are charging $10 for now & $20 when you ren… read more
This question is for Lawpro, I am a landlord in Topeka,
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
This question is for Lawpro, I am a landlord in Topeka, Kansas. I own two multifamily homes divided in 3-5 apartments. I pay all the utilities in these two homes, because there is just one meter and i… read more
I am a landlord in Topeka, Kansas. I own two multifamily homes
Phillips Esq., Attorney
I am a landlord in Topeka, Kansas. I own two multifamily homes divided in 3-5 apartments. I pay all the utilities in these two homes, because there is just one meter and it is very expensive to get di… read more
my lease states tenant pays utilities. LL says we pay sewer
Tower Grove Lawyer
Tower Grove Lawyer, Attorney
my lease states tenant pays utilities. LL says we pay sewer and water too. We disagree. we live in an 8 family condo with /1/ meter and it is split 8 ways and the bill goes to the property owner (arch… read more
I signed a lease stating that all utilities were to be paid
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
I signed a lease stating that all utilities were to be paid by tenant except gardner service, which she wrote in. I am in the front unit (2bd and 1 ba). The property in the back is 1bd 1 ba. She never… read more
Hi, my name is John (Colton, California), Can a landlord
Loren, lawyer
Hi, my name is John (Colton, California), Can a landlord refuse to give me an ITEMIZED receipt [i.e., water + electricity + gas] for monthly utility bills? I can never figure out why i am expected to … read more
I stay in a 3 bedroom apartment while I stay in my room alone.
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
I stay in a 3 bedroom apartment while I stay in my room alone. The other rooms are shared by two occupants. The water utility sent me 2 different bills asking me to pay for both because I am not shari… read more
I have tenants in NC that have pets with a no pet clause. In December, we found out they h
Phillips Esq., Attorney
I have tenants in NC that have pets with a no pet clause. In December, we found out they had toy poodles and 3 pitbulls. By email, they were given 5 days to get rid of the dogs. They said they did. In… read more