Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Hibcan you really help me right now? Am I seriously talking…

Customer Question
Hibcan you really help...

Hibcan you really help me right now? Am I seriously talking to a live lawyer. I need help ASAP.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

It's a landlord tenant issue and I'm in the right with document text messages and she has no written lease agreement and she is trying yo low to the court and they rescheduled it till tomorrow and I hired an attorney on Monday but no one has contacted me and I have called back several times

Lawyer's Assistant: Does this involve a written or oral agreement? Is it a month-to-month lease or fixed term?

Oral and I have text of her saying she needed some one to be here for 6 months. We moved in on may 15th 2017 she also said she was leaving In the beginning of June 2017 and that she would be back in September I have this text saved as well.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just feel that my family and I are being harassed by her

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
There are quite a few other things I have documented and text to me that she is trying to change now my mind is just boggled right now and I just have a lot going on so I really need to speak with a lawyer and get his or her perspective on all this cuz I have court tomorrow and I know I can win I even hired an attorney through another company and they never got back to me and I don't know what to do I've already done a continuance with the court and the judge I put in my answer so please let me know what else I can do and how you can help me before tomorrow at 2*****in Arizona
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I prefer to speak with an attorney or lawyer over the phone please you can call (###) ###-####or(###) ###-####thank you I need to speak with an attorney ASAP I have court tomorrow at 2:45
8/2/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago
Michael Bradley
Offer the phone call and we can talk
I'm sorry I'm not able to pay 59 at the moment to speak with you over the phone can you please give me advice on here then
Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago
I understand that you have court tomorrow afternoon. However, you need to give me more information with regards ***** ***** landlord tenant matter before I can give you advice
Okay it started May 12th I contacted a lady from Craigslist she had an ad on there looking for a roommate I will send over the picture of the ad . We moved in May 15th and print it out two rooms one was furnished my kids room well in her ad she stated that she was going to be leaving in the beginning of June and won't be back till the end of August beginning of September she didn't State how long she needed the roommate for so I asked her over text when I contacted her and in her text she said she wanted someone to stay and needed someone to stay for 6 months there was never a written lease or anything documented on paper the only thing she did was did a background check on myself and my girlfriend she then on July 6th game us a notice then another notice came a couple days later and then another notice came a couple days later now these notices were supposed to be intended or at least the first one was intended to fix what was wrong with the situation which the situation that she's saying was happening was not happening she also stated in a text in the beginning of June that she can't do this anymore due to personal reasons and her moving back to Wisconsin which she had decided at the last second just try to stay though we are not allowed to smoke in the house which we never have smoked in the house we smoke in the front yard and she also has a text stating that we are allowed to smoke on the premises just not in the house then she tried to get upset about us eating in the bedrooms which she told the adults of course we can eat in the bedroom but the kids can't and the kids are kids they've snuck in a couple times and we've made them put it back or clean it up but she the other night even let the kids in her room sitting in her bed eating junk food popcorn popsicles and she won't admit that at all either she lied about the day she tried to give us the notice to fix her pay and also she put on there that we do not keep an eye on our children enough the notice to fix her pay and said it was July 1st we never heard anything until July 6th which was in text which is the text that stated due to personal reason she couldn't do this anymore but I have the text like I said as well saying that she wanted us to say as a 6 month lease we never wrote anything down on paper so there was only an oral agreement or text agreement
There were also two holes in the wall that were fixed patched sanded down and painted over which are now fixed she was trying to charge $100 each for those now she said she wasn't going to be here between the time of June until September she has not left since she's been here the whole time she has been a nuisance to us and constantly trying to tell me how to deal with my bipolar disorder and that I don't need to be in the room and that I don't keep an eye or watch my kids enough and that I I'm not raising them right and also telling my kids the same thing she tried to record them and interrogate pretty much them in the van the other day we both went to court and the judge filed a continuance for tomorrow I feel harassed by her also other than officer came over not too long ago and heard our conversation where I even tried to hand her over money and she would not accept it at all it was on July 11th that the officer came over and heard her say my kids are monsters and that she didn't accept the money out of my hand that I was offering to her and just said that she wants me to leave now I know if I get a statement from him saying that that would help me out as well. But one of the things is the landlord tried to put that insufficient supervision of minor children in and around premises I'm home all the time and my kids are 8 and 10 I don't understand what her problem is she also while she was here which she's not supposed to be brought over children she brought two children between May 29th and June 11th London and lyric they stayed here the whole time and they were 11 years old then she also had her grandson Brayden here during that time and beforehand he was there when we first moved in also she had two kids this last 3 weeks coming over all weekend named Sierra and Phoenix their ages seven and 10 years old she is trying to charge us and get mad at us for the water bill which all the kids are here outside playing in the water what she allowed almost everyday
Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago
what is my assumption that she is trying to have you evict it. You are trying to counter that by saying that you have a six month lease with her, or really a sublease with her to rent out a few rooms. The judge is going to want you to prove that there is a lease or some lease and then you have been in compliance. If the person is terminating her lease and returning to a different state, then an essence you would be a squatter at that point and the landlord could take steps to have you removed. The problem that I see is that you have children and this person seems incredibly unstable. No matter how court goes tomorrow you may want to look for alternative housing as it may not be a good situation for you to be in. Unless she has proof that you have violated any provisions of your agreement, then you cannot be evicted. That includes for smoking and eating in the rooms. I agree that putting a restriction as to eating in a room is virtually impossible to traffic and prove otherwise
She's trying to also say that my kids broke two television and that was not there doing it all the kids that broke it was the kid she bought over here then a cell phone my daughter dropped off the bunk bed broke and it was a $30 cell phone which I didn't know what the time and I had handed over to her $340 for our utilities and she said I'm taking 100 out to put towards the cell phone and later I looked up and found out how much the cell phone was and how she could have took $70 out of that and put it towards my . Nothing is behind on rent because she said not to pay until we find out what happens in court which I have that proof as well then other than that everything is up to date
This lady had had no written lease at all with us and she has no proof of anything because there is nothing to prove I will start sending over documents now
Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago
Then I would suggest that when you go before the judge, you give your position in a clear and concise matter. Do not ramble or try to give the judge too much information to digest. Let her go off on tangents and bring up information. You need to counter that information with calm sentences and simply point out to the judge that the landlord has no proof of any of her allegations. The only issue I have with this Arrangement is that she is renting you or subletting you a furnished place while she is away. Also, it sounds as if she is somewhat unbalanced which makes the situation difficult as well
she is and the thing is is she's not away she is still here she is not left at all and she is about to leave in the next few days to go to Wisconsin but wanted us gone before that now we have not done anything wrong to the home at all
if it was you talking and went up to the judge what documents my going to need a my going to need that text printed out saying that she said six month lease and am I I do have pictures and document it proof that the holes in the ceiling and wall which are very tiny are fixed and you cannot even tell that anything happen there mind you the hole in the ceiling was already there when we moved in but it got picked up more by all the kids that have been here
I also have another question she just handed me this paper over and try to get me to sign it I said I need to go through it before I sign it and she got mad and said fine I'll just put that you refuse to sign it and I said no I need to read it before I sign it my girlfriend is standing there recording the whole conversation on her phone now she's going to state that I didn't want to sign it but it shows proof that I sat there and said I have to read it first she got mad and went in and slammed her door I will send over what she wanted me to sign
I kind of think that she realize he's going to lose the case so she wrote this but there's some things in here that I don't agree with and we already lived here with agreement before so what do I do
This was my answer to the court to reschedule my court appearance now it is tomorrow at 2:45 and since of what I said on here what kind of stuff am I going to need and proof to win this case
she is returning to a different state but in the beginning when I seen her ad on Craigslist the ad stated that she was going to be gone and she needs someone to stay in the home
Okay thank you so much your advice has been a lot of help if I have any more questions is it okay for me to contact you
I also a few days ago got a membership and a membership ID with LegalShield and I have called several times to try to get ahold of an attorney and no one has contacted me back I have an agent that said he's going to do something and hasn't done anything either so I'm trying to figure out what I can do on my own so I really do appreciate all this
Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago
I do not know anything about that legal service and can not help you with that company.
Lawyer: Michael Bradley,
 replied 9 months ago
Please rate my advice. While I do not do this for the ratings my compensation is tied to the ratings system. Thank you.
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley