barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney over 17 years, landlord 26 years
19958803

I'm living in a trailer caring for my mother, the trailer is

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I'm living in a trailer caring for my mother, the trailer is owned, and the manager of the park wants to evict me. I used to live in this park in a different trailer, 7 years ago, got a misdemeanor and was arrested, left the park...my mother lives here as well, she had heart surgery and I moved in to care for her, due to the fact I'm her only living child. Does the park have the right to remove me...? My name is ***** ***** title to this trailer. And I'm a caregiver for a 73 year old woman...
JA: Does this involve a written or oral agreement? Is it a month-to-month lease or fixed term?
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I'm living in a trailer caring for my mother, the trailer is owned, and the manager of the park wants to evict me. I used to live in this park in a different trailer, 7 years ago, got a misdemeanor and was arrested, left the park...my mother lives here as well, she had heart surgery and I moved in to care for her, due to the fact I'm her only living child. Does the park have the right to remove me...? My name is ***** ***** title to this trailer. And I'm a caregiver for a 73 year old woman...
Pearl Wilson, Landlord-Tenant Lawyer's Assistant
Does this involve a written or oral agreement? Is it a month-to-month lease or fixed term?You
?
What confuses you?it's a lease on which my name is ***** *****
JA: Landlord-tenant law varies by city and state. Where is the property located?
Customer: Loveland , Colorado
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

This is unfortunate, but only someone who is legally covered by a lease under a contract with the owner has the right to live in the park or be on the premises. They have the ability to evict you from the park and bar you from returning even though your name is ***** ***** trailer. Trailers are considered personal property, just like a vehicle and if you weren't on the lease,and the landlord won't allow you on the premises, then they can force you to leave, even if you are mother's caregiver. Being a person's caregiver doesn't convey a right to live on the landlord's property.

.

If you were barred from the park when you left previously, the only way you can legally return is if you convince the park manager that you will not cause any issues and the manager agrees..

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.