Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

I left the condo o used to live at in April. It was an early

Customer Question
Hi JA: Hi. How can I...
Hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i left the condo o used to live at in April. It was an early lease termination, both parts agreed. I paid a $300 fee. They refused to refund me my last month deposit claiming that it was due only in July 31st
JA: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: Ma
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: And they refund my last month deposit to my former roommate who is also refusing to refund me
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
8/1/2017
Lawyer: KJLLAW, Other replied 3 months ago
KJLLAW
KJLLAW, Other
Good afternoon. If you signed a release and paid a $300 early termination fee, the owner/management company had a legal obligation to release you from the lease obligations, and to return your deposit. Unless they have something in writing signed between you and then, they cannot claim that your last month deposit was due on the 31st of July. You may also have an action in small claims court against your roommate for keeping the security deposit.I hope this clarifies. Please don't forget to rate the question with stars so that I will receive credit for assisting you with your question.
KJLLAW
KJLLAW
KJLLAW, Other