Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

CAN A LANDLORD BREAK A FIVE YEAR RENT TO OWN LEASE

Customer Question
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
8/1/2017
Lawyer: insearchoftheanswer, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
insearchoftheanswer

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good afternoon? Has the tenant defaulted in some way? Are there any provisions in the contract giving the landlord the right to terminate the agreement? Thank you!

TRANSITIONAL LIVING HOME THE ONLY PROBLEM I CAN THINK IS THAT TWO REMOVABLE WALLS WERE BUILT WHICH THE OWNER STATES HE WAS NOT AWARE OF HE IS WILLING TO OVERLOOK THE WALLS WHICH HE STATES IS A VIOLATION OF THE LEASE AGREEMENT I HAVE TO PAID 4350 IN BACK RENT,WHICH WAS USED TO REPAIR THE HOME ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT OCCASIONS DUE TO WATER DAMAGE AND MOLD THE LEASE SAIDS NO WRITTEN NOTICE NEEDED FOR AM EMERGENCY SITUATIONS FLOODING ,WATER IF HE BREAKS THE LEASE AM I ENTITLED TO A REFUND OF MY DEPOSIT

Thanks for following up. He does not get to unilaterally terminate the lease. In order to do so, there would have to be a material default which he did not wiave. If the landlord were to terminate the agreement without cause, the landlord would be in default, and you would be entitled to a full refund of any deposit posted.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!