Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Landlord-Tenant

Received letter from law office stating that I had 30-days…

Customer Question
Received letter from law...

Received letter from law office stating that I had 30-days to vacate the property I am renting with no explanation or signature on letter. Am on month to month lease. Is the letter correct or does it need to be signed by landlord?

Lawyer's Assistant: What's the purpose of the letter? To whom is it being written?

It is a 30 day termination notice. It is written to me and all occupants of my address.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not to my knowledge, someone showed up at the address last night and handed it to my other roommate. No name was given as to who was delivering the letter.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
8/1/2017
Lawyer: LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney replied 6 months ago
LandlordTenantAnswer

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

What state are you located in? Also, is the law firm representing the landlord? Have you contacted the landlord and ask what is the reason they want you out?

Arizona is the state. I don't know if the firm is representing the landlord. Have not talked to the landlord as of yet.
Are you still there?

Thank you for the reply. From a legal standpoint, the landlord could terminate the tenancy with a 30 day written notice, without any reason for it. Now, you do want to reach out and speak with the landlord and see if they can share with you a basis for this and if anything can be worked out and also respond to the law firm and see and make sure they are representing the landlord. It does not necessarily have to be signed by the landlord but it needs to be known that the landlord wants you to vacate and it is from them

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney