Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

The bank foreclosed on my home. I am still in possession of

Customer Question

The bank foreclosed on my home. I am still in possession of the house and I still live in it. The case is under litigation. Do my room renters have the right not to pay me?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: California.
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Their original lease has expired and they are on a month to month lease.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: you can ask me more questions if you wish.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

.

Are you still listed as the legal owner on the title/deed to the property?

.

Or was the property actually sold at auction to a new owner?

.

.

thanks

Barrsiter