Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I have a rental house in Maryland and the renter hasn't pd.

Customer Question

I have a rental house in Maryland and the renter hasn't pd. this months rent. I'm assuming they are upset because I gave them notice to vacate by Sept 1st. Which was 45 days notice. I only had to give 30 days What can I do to get them to pay. I sent them a past due notice already.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

I am sorry to hear about this. You would need to start the eviction at this time, if you already gave them the proper notice to vacate or pay the rent. They can be upset about you ending the lease but it does not give them a legal right to withhold rent and not pay and continue to live there. As such, you can file and seek to get them out ahead of time and share with them they will have an eviction on their record when they try and rent, so it will be hard to find some place decent to live.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How do I go about evicting them.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
online only please
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hello

Sorry for the delay, as you opted me out, so I could not respond. You could proceed and speak with the clerk of court tomorrow morning and ask about the forms to file for eviction. This would start the process and allow the tenants to be served.