Landlord-Tenant

Ask a landlord-tenant lawyer and get answers ASAP

Can you verify if this should be sufficient. Also it looks…

Customer Question
Hi Justin, Can you verify if...
Hi Justin,
Can you verify if this should be sufficient. Also it looks like she has taken some existing form and then edited it. She probably don't have official PDF writer.
This is the header of form :
Release and cancellation of contract for Sale and Purchase or Lease Agreement (She added Lease Agreement part, which i can clearly make out)
Once Buyer (Tenant) make the payment to for carpet installation and deposit to
Seller ( landlord ),
Buyer (Tenant) will be released from any liability from the lease agreement due May 31, 2017.
Seller ( landlord ) agrees to waive any right to recover any amount or make any claims or demands relating to Buyer(Tenant) residing in the property (address):<address>after signing this Release agreement.Thanks in advance</address>
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Landlord-Tenant
7/31/2017
Lawyer: Legal Expert Justin, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Legal Expert Justin

This looks fine. The agreement states the exact amount to be paid, right?

Then you should be all set. Let me know if you need anything else.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Property manages saying it will be redundant to add this last sentence (Seller ( landlord ) agrees to waive any right to recover any amount or make any claims or demands relating to Buyer(Tenant) residing in the property (address):<address>after signing this Release agreement.).He says this one line should be sufficient:-
Seller ( landlord ),
He is not agreeing to put this another line. What you suggest

It is very unlikely that anything would ever come of it, but if you use the landlord's suggested language you could potentially be liable for something that happened while you were living there if it wasn't expressly contemplated in the lease agreement. That said, I'm having a hard time coming up with an example.

It seems odd that the landlord would care this much. If you hold firm, he might cave in. On the other hand, if there has been no other damage or any other issues with the apartment, you should be fine signing his version.